MLB All-Star Game 2022: What to know about the Mid-Summer Classic
The Major League Baseball All-Star Game is set to take place at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on Tuesday and will feature some of the best and up-and-coming superstars in the game.
As per tradition, the American League will go up against the National League. There is no fantasy draft format like there is for the NBA or divisional teams going against each other like in the NHL. The NFL also went back to conference matchups for their All-Star Game, termed the Pro Bowl.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Los Angeles Angels’ Mike Trout walks toward the dugout after striking out against the Houston Astros during the first inning of a baseball game Tuesday, July 12, 2022, in Anaheim, Calif.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
This year’s game will feature the best and brightest but will also be missing some stars due to injury. Mike Trout, Jose Altuve, George Springer, Yordan Alvarez, Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole Jazz Chisholm Jr., Bryce Harper, Nolan Arenado, Starling Marte, Corbin Burnes, Max Fried and Carlos Rodon and Josh Hader will not be participating.
Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols were also put into the game as legacy selections due to their contributions to the game. The Detroit Tigers star said he planned on retiring when his contract expires following the 2023 season. The St. Louis Cardinals slugger announced he will retire at the end of the season.
The American League is on an incredible winning streak in this event. The AL has won eight straight games and have only lost three times since 1996.
Read below for the list of projected All-Star starters for the Mid-Summer Classic.
New York Yankees’ Aaron Judge runs the bases after hitting a home run against the Boston Red Sox during the sixth inning of a baseball game Saturday, July 16, 2022, in New York.
(AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
- C: Alejandro Kirk, Blue Jays1B: Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Blue Jays2B: Andres Gimenez, Guardians3B: Rafael Devers, Red SoxSS: Tim Anderson, White SoxOF: Aaron Judge, YankeesOF: Byron Buxton, TwinsOF: Giancarlo Stanton, YankeesDH: Shohei Ohtani, Angels
- DH: Miguel Cabrera, Tigers
- C: Jose Trevino, Yankees1B: Luis Arraez, Twins1B: Ty France, Mariners2B: Santiago Espinal, Blue Jays3B: Jose Ramirez, GuardiansSS: Xander Bogaerts, Red SoxSS: Corey Seager, RangersOF: Kyle Tucker, AstrosOF: Andrew Benintendi, RoyalsOF: Julio Rodriguez, MarinersDH: J.D. Martinez, Red Sox
- LHP: Shane McClanahan, RaysLHP: Nestor Cortes, YankeesLHP: Martin Perez, RangersLHP: Framber Valdez, AstrosRHP: Alek Manoah, Blue JaysRHP: Shohei Ohtani, AngelsRHP: Paul Blackburn, A’s
- LHP: Gregory Soto, TigersRHP: Clay Holmes, YankeesRHP: Emmanuel Clase, GuardiansRHP: Jorge Lopez, OriolesRHP: Liam Hendriks, White SoxRHP: Jordan Romano, Blue Jays
Los Angeles Dodgers’ Mookie Betts is congratulated by teammates in the dugout after scoring on single by Freddie Freeman during the first inning of a baseball game against the Los Angeles Angels Friday, July 15, 2022, in Anaheim, Calif.
(AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
- C: Wilson Contreras, Cubs1B: Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals2B: Jeff McNeil, Mets3B: Manny Machado, PadresSS: Traa Turner, DodgersOF: Ronald Acuna Jr., BravesOF: Joc Pederson, GiantsOF: Mookie Betts, DodgersDH: William Contreras, Braves
- 1B: Albert Pujols, Cardinals
- C: Travis d’Arnaud, Braves1B: Pete Alonso, Mets1B: C.J. Cron, Rockies1B: Freddie Freeman, Dodgers2B: Jake Cronenworth, Padres3B: Austin Riley, BravesSS: Dansby Swanson, BravesOF: Kyle Schwarber, PhilliesOF: Ian Happ, CubsOF: Juan Soto, NationalsDH: Garrett Cooper, Marlins
Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Tyler Anderson throws during the first inning of a baseball game against the St. Louis Cardinals Thursday, July 14, 2022, in St. Louis.
(AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)
- LHP: Clayton Kershaw, DodgersLHP: Tyler Anderson, DodgersRHP: Sandy Alcantara, MarlinsRHP: Joe Musgrove, PadresRHP: Tony Gonsolin, DodgersRHP: Luis Castillo, Reds
- LHP: Joe Mantiply, Diamondbacks,RHP: Edwin Diaz, MetsRHP: Ryan Helsley, CardinalsRHP: David Bednar, PiratesRHP, Devin Williams, Brewers
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
How to watch
Time: 8 p.m. ET
Broadcasters: Joe Davis and John Smoltz
Where: Dodger Stadium
Location: Los Angeles, California